Bubbling toilet/Weak flush

Old 02-25-02, 06:21 PM
oldmobilehell
Visiting Guest
Bubbling toilet/Weak flush

OK, my cosmetically quaint '68 mobile home is possessed by demonic forces............ Todays crisis:
The low-flow in the master bath bubbles eerily before flushing actually begins, flushes weakly, clogs frequently & at the worst possible times. Today I plunged for nearly an hour, but with no discernible progress until finally, armed with one of those black Smith & Wesson plungers, (I had been using the kind cartoon characters find stuck to their heads) it cleared to about 85%. .........Any day the poo goes down is a good day......
The other toilet is fine, even tho the water pressure is poor.
Any clues ? I'm beginning to suspect some large, amphibious creature is living in my porcelain throne......................
Thanks for any help,
RJ

Old 02-25-02, 07:36 PM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Put the plunger away and use a toilet auger. There is probably something wedged in the toilet that a plunger simply can't force out. An auger will probably clear it.

Old 02-25-02, 11:01 PM
oldmobilehell
Visiting Guest
Possessed Toilet

OK.....is this something I can purchase-rent-??? Or is a Toilet augering professional required?? I know what it is, I just don't know where they are.............
Thanks a million for the help,
RJ

Old 02-26-02, 09:02 PM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Buy one -- they are about $15 to $20 at Home Depot. It would cost about the same to rent one, if anybody even rents them. They look like a very short drain snake, with about a 4' section of tubing and a crank on one end. Ask the guy in the plbg. dept. -- he'll show you where they are and how to use it.

Old 02-26-02, 10:44 PM
oldmobilehell
Visiting Guest
Possessed Toilet

Thanks so much for your help-I'll go get one tomorrow.
RJ

Old 03-02-02, 09:47 PM
oldmobilehell
Visiting Guest
THANK YOU LEFTY!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million Lefty! I bought an auger ($6.50) and it worked like a charm!!!!!!!! Toilet is finally beaten into submission!
If you're ever in Southern Cal. I woe you a steak dinner.
RJ

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: