Outside faucet enhancements

Old 05-13-02, 09:16 AM
Lynfix
Visiting Guest
Outside faucet enhancements

My outside faucets(both the old and the new) have handles that are hard on the hands. I think I can back off the nut that controls the tightness of the handle but I have been unable to find anything that would fit over the handles to provide comfort and better leverage. My only solution thus far is the rubber in a can that is used to coat pliers and the like. Anyone have any other ideas?

Old 05-13-02, 09:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Why don't you just get little quarter-turn ball joint water hose cut-off adapters and screw them onto the hose bibbs?

They come in plastic or brass, and you just pinch the little rectangular knob between your thumb and finger, and give it a light quarter-turn twist to turn it on and off. Easy.
You can find them all over the place where they sell water hose stuff. They also come with a "Y" double cut-off where you can attach two hoses at once, or leave one hose on and the other valve open for filling buckets, etc. on the same hose bibb.
Than you'll only need to turn the main handles off once in the Winter and on once in the Spring.
Good Luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: