Installing well pump & tank

Old 05-14-02, 02:49 PM
PC509
Visiting Guest

I need to replace an old well pump with a new one. However, all I have are pieces, with no docs or tips on installing it. I can do the wiring and plumping, I just need to know what pipes go where...

The pump is a Teel Dayton Jet Motor 1/3 HP pump. The tank is a Sears Captive Air water tank.

The tank has one hose, the pump has places for 3. I assume one on the pump is input, one for the pressure tank to regulate pressure, and one outlet. I am not sure which are which, however.

I assume the top is in, the middle is pressure tank, and bottom is to the house (output).

Does anyone have any information or tips on how to get this going? And how do I prime the pump, just pour water in the prime hole, or run a solid water flow through it with a secondary low power pump?

Thanks for all the help!!!

Dustin
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-02, 04:30 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Dustin,
The picture you have is a deep well jet pump. The pipe out of the top is the discharge pipe. This needs to tee off to the pressure tank and on to the house. This particular pump is designed to work with an ejector, either bolted directly to the front of the pump (for shallow well use), or down in the well (deep well use).
The main thing you're going to need to know before you do anything is the water level in the well or whatever you're using for a water source. In any case, you're probably going to need an ejector. Do you have one of these? It will have a flange on it that matches up with the pattern on the front of the pump. Without a ejector you may find the pump basically worthless.
Go to http://www.peekspump.com/systems1.htm to see the difference between a shallow amd deep well system.
Let me know if you have an ejector.
I'd be glad to send along some info if you want it.
Best regards,
Ron Peeks
R.L. Peeks Pump Sales
www.peekspump.com