Revisiting unique toilet problem

Old 05-21-02, 03:40 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Revisiting unique toilet problem

This problem won't go away! We've had to remove and reseat 2 of our three toilets recently. Now whenever we're using the toilets that we reseated, we can actually hear water dripping loudly from the toilet bowl down into the drain below the toilet before flushing! After we're done peeing, we can hear the toilet bowl water that was displaced dripping into the catch basin....it sounds like we're peeing in an outhouse. I posted with this problem a week ago and received advice rangeing from trying to use a double wax seal (didn't work) to making sure the bowl wasn't partially clogged (made sure it wasn't). I've reseated both toilets three times now, including trying Fluidmaster's "waxless seal". Didn't work either. We're stymied at this point and really don't enjoy listening to our pee dripping down the drain before flushing. We've never heard dripping before removing the two toilets and don't hear it with the third toilet that we've never touched. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated..... Thanks-

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-02, 05:32 AM
diemeto
Visiting Guest
can you confirm that the toliets are level when they are seated

Old 05-22-02, 08:48 AM
F
Toilets are not level when first seated, but are after shimming. Still hearing dripping when leveled......
This begs another question. The floor is level, the flange is level, but the toilet still sits with a list. I measured the toilet itself and discovered that it is not symmetrical. It's a "no brand" cheap toilet. Have you ever heard of a "crooked" toilet? Again, the problem was non-existent before removing and reseating each toilet. And the toilets were not level even then. Thanks for any help.....

Old 05-22-02, 09:32 AM
diemeto
Visiting Guest
it is possilbe the toliet is defective. I got a $300 kohlel toilet which did not have a flat flange to attach the tank. They gave me a new one

Old 05-22-02, 06:20 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hello, Why did you pull the toilets in the first place? Putting the same unit back shouldn't give you the problem you are having. Where do you hear the drip, inside the wall, by a sink or tub?Possible the vent is blocked and the water from a p trap is pulled out letting the sound travel.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 05-24-02, 02:59 AM
P
Did your repipe some/all of the house with plastic pipe? If the pipe underneath the toilets is now plastic instead of cast iorn or lead then you have lost some of the sound unsulation that the metal provided. You can try to wrap plastic pipe in fiberglass or foam insulation to help soundproof it.