toilet problem

Old 06-05-02, 08:00 PM
time4natur
Visiting Guest
Question toilet problem

I am having a problem with my toilet. I have a 2 bathroom house, and am only having problems with one of the toilets. Sometimes, it flushes just fine, and others (more often lately) it just fills up with water, but does not go down. I have plunged and plunged but to no avail. If you leave it alone for awhile, the water level drops back down but it is still nasty water. When you flush it again, the process starts over. I am on a septic, if that helps any. The house is only 2 years old. Also, when you run the shower in either bathroom, sometimes the toilet in the bathroom you are in will make glugging sounds and water comes up in the toilet. That happens in both bathrooms. Not sure if that is connected to the problem or not. The toilet in the other bathroom flushes great all the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope that all made sense. thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-02, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When was the last time you had the septic tank pumped out?

It could be one of two things going wrong, either the mainline needs cleaned out or the tank needed to be pumped and checked for proper operating conditions.

Old 06-06-02, 04:36 AM
time4natur
Visiting Guest
Angry septic has never been pumped

Thanks for responding so fast. The septic has never been pumped out, but the house is only 2 years old. we are a family of 2 and were told it should not need to be drained for 3 to 5 years. Is there a way for me to check the main line? how much should it cost to pump out the septic? Also, I was told to put a box of Rid-Ex in the toilets once a month for septic upkeep. Is this a good practice? Thanks again.