Is 5.75" OD on CI Pipe Normal? Can I Make Up To It With No-Hub?

Old 06-24-02, 01:48 PM
TomBrooklyn
Visiting Guest
Question Is 5.75" OD on CI Pipe Normal? Can I Make Up To It With No-Hub?

I want to move some Cast Iron Hub pipe in my basement floor over and would like to do it with No-Hub via hub to no hub adapters.
The Tyler Pipe Company on-line catalog http://www.tylerpipe.com/soilpipe/sp28.pdf indicates the OD of the barrel of no-hub and hub and spigot pipe are both 5.30". The hub pipe in my floor is about 5 3/4" as best I can measure, and I'm sure I'm pretty close.

I am going to have a problem getting a hub to no hub adapter for this pipe?

The house is 95 years old. Has hub pipe OD changed since this was put in? Do I have some kind of extra heavy pipe? It seems quite heavy. Some of the center building supports are resting right on it. That is why I want to shift it over, I want to jack up the house a little and don't want to do it right on the pipe. It is buried *right* below the floor slab at the back of the house. The slab is only about an inch thick.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-02, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fernco makes literally a ton of different fittings for all applications. You may have to go to large plumbing supply hose, not a Home Depot / Lowe's center but something like Ferguson (big supplier in midwest) and specifically ask for what you need. I ran into a project needing some transition gaskets on old oversized hubs a couple of years ago, and they were still being made.

You might want to wander over to
www.fernco.com and look at their product line and specifications.

Hey, have fun with the cast iron and remember this....apprentices are great when using cast iron.

Old 06-25-02, 09:33 AM
TomBrooklyn
Visiting Guest
Thanks again notuboo. I will visit Fernco.com and will try around Brooklyn for the coupling I need.

I had gotten a little nervous thinking that I might have trouble because I had a wierd size pipe. Your comments were reassuring that I should be able to find the right coupling I need.