toilet continues fills high then continues to fill

Old 07-02-02, 11:46 AM
molzep
Visiting Guest
toilet continues fills high then continues to fill

I just purchased an inexpensive KAK toilet bowl and tank. When i flush it the bowl fills pretty high, then when it's done flushing the water drizzles into the bowl for about 30 more seconds. After that it's fine.

The drizzle is a little annoying, and the high fill makes me nervous.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-02, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is all controled by the fill valve in the tank of the toilet. If you open the tank you will see the valve, float and fill tube. The float is going to adjust the amount of water that fills the tank/bowl. You can adjust it, but the water level should be marked on the inside of the tank or approximately 1 -2 inches below the overflow tube in the center of the tank (the fill tube should be in the top of it).
Ensure the valve is clean, it should seat well at the full point and not continue to run. Some valves, will need a small amount of time to properly work in. However, if you wanted to, you could just replace the fill valve itself and take care of that problem. You may even be able to buy a rebuild kit for your fill valve and call it good.

Old 07-02-02, 12:09 PM
molzep
Visiting Guest
Thanks but,

it's actually the bowl that continues to drizzle, not the tank. If I understand your reply correctly you are talking about adjusting the height of the water in the tank.

Old 07-02-02, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
All the water that enters the bowl comes from the tank. Either by way of the fill tube, at the top of the overflow tube in the center of the tank. Or by way of the flapper, the (normally) black rubber thing at the bottom center of the tank.
If the toilet runs every 2-10 minutes, it is because the flapper is leaking and the tank has to refill itself. Ensure the flapper is setting properly or replace it.
If it is just a drizzle for a couple of minutes/seconds after the water has shut off, the fill valve is not sealing quickly enough. Adjust the float, clean the fill valve, rebuild it or replace it.

What type of fill valve does the toilet have in it? Should be a name on the top of the fill valve.

You may want to go to the "repair/fix-it" section of this forum to see if helps you any. Look under plumbing/toilet.

or click here: http://doityourself.com/plumbing/