Hissing sound under kitchen sink

Old 07-12-02, 08:12 AM
chiefbrass
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Hissing sound under kitchen sink

While in my kitchen one day, I kept hearing this hissing sound like air coming from a tire. When I finally found it, the sound was coming from underneath the kitchen sink. After further investigation, the sound appears to be coming from the hot water line. I can shake the water line and the sound changes with the motion of the water line. There is no water leak and I do not have any gas lines in my kitchen. Please help me find the cause for this noise and a remedy for it. Under my sink, I have partial copper and plastic water lines with shut-off valves, a food disposal with drain connected from the dishwasher and an instant hot water dispenser, along with normal plumbing for a double sink. I know what running water sounds like in plumbing and this does not sound the same. PLEASE HELP!

Old 07-12-02, 04:54 PM
fuller911
Visiting Guest
I had the same exact problem on Wednesday. The hiss was coming from where the shut-off valve connects to the supply line but wasn't leaking any water. All I did was tighten the valve and VOILA! Hope it's that simple for you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: