Toilet leaking because of shower

Old 07-20-02, 02:39 PM
Mike_Def
Visiting Guest
Toilet leaking because of shower

Our shower drain isn't draining very well at all. However soon during the drain and after it is finished, the toilet leaks at the base, where the toilet hits the floor.

Also, when the shower or bathroom faucet is running, the toilet bubbles. We are renting this place, I called the landlord, they said they won't do anything till Monday. Is there anyway I can partially fix this on my own, or diagnose the problem so that I know they will properly fix it. It's to the point now where the tub is barely draining, and the toilet will not flush. Help me please.

Old 07-21-02, 02:06 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
you have a clog in the branch line to that bathroom, it needs to be machine cleaned. Personally I would have it cleaned proffesionally and deduct it from my rent.It is unreasonable for your landlord to expect you to wait til monday(most likely so the bill won't be as expensive).

Old 07-23-02, 01:59 PM
Mike_Def
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply. The plumbers are finally coming in tomorrow. It's been a miserable last couple of days. Can't use the bathroom because when you flush the toilet it backs up into the tub. The wife has been going at a neighbor's. I have been going out in the backyard. Anyway, hopefully they can find and fix the problem. I've heard fromk various people that it could be anything from a blockage to a crushed pipe. Hopefully it won't drag out too much longer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: