Yard drainage problem.


Old 12-04-04, 10:36 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Yard drainage problem.

I live in a area with poor topsoil, mostly of clay. The low areas are the problem.
Once itís saturated, rain water turns it into mush in no time, unless there is a summer drought. The area in particular I need to address is between property lines. I have somewhat solved the problem by using a small fish pond kit ( plastic box with 112V submersible garden-pond pump). The box /pump is below ground level and filters the standing rain water which then gets pumped out via a garden hose.
My problem is how do I come up with a way so that the pump will turn off/on as needed.
The box that the pump sits in must be kept small due to its relative location between property lines.
I know this is a jerry-rig, but itís all I want to do, since this is adjoining property. I have been toying around using a low voltage battery/relay arrangement to switch the 120V pump but not sure how to make this work with out having wires running all over the place. The pump uses an outdoor extension cord and off course must be removed for winter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-04, 10:45 AM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,389
Thumbs up

Hey if you want to work off 12 V batt check out any boat store. Ask are look around for a automatic bilge switch. They also have the 12 V pumps if you want to go that way.
Are the switch a 24 V relay and a 24V transformer. that would turn the 110V on and off. Man out of the box here.


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes