smelly pond

Old 06-08-05, 03:31 PM
nicola
Visiting Guest
smelly pond

hi everybody,
Iv previously been on this website regarding a laminated floor. can anybody help me regarding an old pond i have in my garden. As far as i know the previous owners had fish in it, but when they moved out they took the (inside of the pond???) with them. At the moment im left with the surround, just cement and bricks approx 3 foot in depth. With all the heavy rain we have had, its full to the top and stinks like a sewer in the hot weather. its so bad i couldnt hang laundry out. I am a single parent so something cheap and efficient would be great.

thank you

single mum
nicola

Old 06-29-05, 05:40 PM
terriann68
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by nicola
hi everybody,
Iv previously been on this website regarding a laminated floor. can anybody help me regarding an old pond i have in my garden. As far as i know the previous owners had fish in it, but when they moved out they took the (inside of the pond???) with them. At the moment im left with the surround, just cement and bricks approx 3 foot in depth. With all the heavy rain we have had, its full to the top and stinks like a sewer in the hot weather. its so bad i couldnt hang laundry out. I am a single parent so something cheap and efficient would be great.

thank you

single mum
nicola
There is a hand held cyphen at walmart that is used for fish tanks but would work for you. It only costs about $6.00. You simply put it in the water and push it down into the water a couple of times and the water will start to come out through the hose. After you empty this area, you will have to either fill it with dirt and plant flowers or find some sort of cover to go over it so that you wont have to do this all the time. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: