converting a swimming pool to falls and pond

Old 01-20-06, 10:03 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question converting a swimming pool to falls and pond

Hi I live in the temperate rainforest of northwestern B.C. Canada. I have a large yard and an extremely neglected swimming pool that I want to convert into water falling into a pond at the deep end. I do not want the water flush with the top but rather want it to be just at the bottom of the deep end surrounded by walls of rock and plants. Anyone know of this being done before? I look forward to hearing your ideas. Thanks a bunch.

Old 01-21-06, 12:43 PM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
can't say i've heard of it before, but why not ? first thing you'll need to do is make sure you have a filter intake in the bottom of the deep end to feed the waterfall.

Old 02-20-06, 09:41 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Converting

You cann't use any of your pool pumps or filters. Not compatable. I have been on other sites that have done this but I cann't remember where they are. You still need to fill in some area with dirt, filter system, pumps, (to go the hight you want), pond pad, EPDM pond liner (clear up to the top of your waterfall. Check with Aqua Scape Ponds for some ideas and they may be able to give you more ideas.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: