Foamy water in my pond

Old 08-29-06, 05:23 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Foamy water in my pond

We have had our pond up and running for about 6 - 8 weeks we added some feeder goldfish about 4 weeks ago. Everything was fine until today... we had a couple of dead fish floating on top this moring and alot of white film on the top of the water. We skimmed off the white film, added some fresh water and a couple of hours later the white film was back. Does anyone know what this is from or what to do about this, Please help!!!!

Old 08-29-06, 06:05 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too much dissolved organic material can result in white foam slick on water surface. This is often caused by overfeeding fish or a buildup of fish waste and/or decaying plant material. The dissolved organic compounds can reach a level that can kill fish.

Take a look at the links in this thread: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=274885 (You will have to copy and paste the addresses.)

Old 08-30-06, 09:52 AM
S
Faomy water

I agree, I suggest like a 80% water change or you might end up with more dead fishies .....

Old 09-24-06, 07:27 AM
J
Talking

I've read that when fish mate this can happen also but not sure so i'd change out water too.... although i have a bunch of baby koi and goldfish now

Old 06-10-08, 01:35 PM
P
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Water

What kind of water filtration do you have?

Have you dechlorinated your water?

Old 06-10-08, 01:50 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you cleaned your filter? Do so with pond water. There are defoamer and clarifying products available that are safe for fish. Check with your local pond supply store.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: