pondless waterfall well

Old 10-30-06, 06:25 PM
pondless waterfall well

Hello, I am building a pondless waterfall and have a question about the basin that receives the water at the end of the stream. From what I've read you dig a hole, line it, put in the pump chamber and fill the outside with gravel. I work for a pump co. and have access to all sizes of basins. My idea is to put in a large basin with a sturdy screen or cover with holes to catch the water. I would support the cover/screen from below and put several inches of rock on top to hide it.Do you see any problems with this idea? Your imput would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-06, 07:19 PM
This would actually be the preferred method. Much easier to deal with if you have to maintain/replace pump if pump is within a basin and not just buried under rock.

Old 11-01-06, 04:02 AM
waterfall well

The systems they sell have a small basin that the pump sits in and the basin is perforated with slits or holes. You then dig a much larger hole, line with rubber and backfill with stone. I would think over time this rock pit would fill with debris and you would have to dig the whole thing up to clean it.My way you just take the cover off and clean out the basin.
Thanks for the reply
Steve