Pond Liner Bubbling/Drainage question

Old 03-24-07, 01:47 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pond Liner Bubbling/Drainage question

My husband and I put in a pond last summer. It's a decent sized pond at around 5500 gallons. The problem, every time it rains or snows the liner bubbles up to the surface of the pond pushing water out of the pond. We've inserted pipes to help release air from under the pond, while that helps in getting air out from under the pond, it doesn't stop it from bubbling up again when it rains or snows. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JeniG68

Old 03-27-07, 11:43 AM
J
Question Drainage Question

I have finally figured out why my pond liner is bubbling up to the surface of the pond when it rains or snows. There is water underneath the liner. How does one remove water from underneath the liner that is filled with 5500 gallons of water? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

JeniG68

Old 03-28-07, 02:48 PM
P
Jeni, Can you describe the pond layout? The dementions, how deep and where it is situated in the yard, etc.

Old 01-05-09, 07:52 PM
Help!!!!

We are having the same problem....had a horrible storm 2 days ago and now our liner is practicaly floating. Our pond is approximately 900 gallons and 2 feet deep. Not too sure about any other dimesions.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 01-18-09, 08:55 AM
pond liner is bubbling up

You have water under the liner. I'm not a hydrologist but basically the ground water finds it easy to push the water out of your pond. You may have built the pond in a low spot or an area that is used for natural drainage. To start you can move down spouts or put in a small berm to channel rain water away from this area. You can also dig a trench lined with landscaper fabric, then filled with large stone covered with fabric and 4-6 inches of soil to allow for turf. A third choice whould be to bring in fill and raise your pond so that ground water is not a problem.
Hopefully rerouting the water with a 6 inch hump (berm) will keep the ground around your pond from getting saturated.
Good Luck, Terry

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: