borders/covering pond hard liners

Old 06-23-07, 12:11 PM
K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
borders/covering pond hard liners

I'm building a patio around my pond, flagstone. the cascading waterfall is also made with flagstone. I just finished building a pergola over head to minimize the sun exposure. I'm having a hard time brainstorming how to cover the edges (itís a resin/plastic precast I inherited. Would prefer fabric but working with what I have). After finishing the patio layout one of the sides of the pond protrudes up a bit, not level obviously.

What I'm wondering is has anyone else ran into this and any solutions? All I could come up with were river rocks with hollowed out bottoms to straddle the lining...not sure if they even make such an item. I can do smaller river rocks or pea gravel inbetween, but donít want the lining showing anymore!

Old 06-23-07, 01:07 PM
G
Depending upon how high up the plastic rides, why not use another layer or 2 of flagstone? Have them overlap about 1-2 inches around the liner, and it should look real nice. Then you can put some planters near the water, and it gives it a nice garden look.

Old 07-30-07, 04:10 PM
R
I have a similar issue. I really should pull it out and dig the hole a couple inches deeper, but it was here when I got the house.

What would be nice, is an artificial stone that was "L" shaped that would sit on the edge and overlap down toward the waterline. Picture the "L" rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Haven't seen anything like that "in the natural".

Old 07-31-07, 11:37 AM
S
Angry I have the same problem ...

BINGO! I had the same issue. I did notice it before filling it up though so I pulled it out and sank it in another 6 inches. Now the only problems unless I put two layers of flag stone down the over hanging edge is unstable and tends to fall in (when my dogs step on it).

The Plan: So I pulled it out again (draining and repositioning by 90 degrees). I put it down another inches and set the edge flag stone in the ground with another layer on top of it surrounded by river rock. This has three functions 1.) Allows the edge to gradual head towards the pong instead of a odd looking overhang 2.) keeps the edge stable. The top layer of flag stones is ground level and so you can not see the actual form and it looks real sharp. 3.) Now that the edge is lower it will allow the pong liner I am expanding with to flow into the form without me cutting up the form at all. And to top it off a waterfall off of the pond liner. Now the only thing left is to work out the electrical requirments and get that wired up .....

Old 07-31-07, 11:40 AM
S
Talking oh yea ...

and they do make L-shaped stones but they look like brick instead of rock .....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: