DIY underwater pond filter

Old 04-20-08, 06:11 AM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY underwater pond filter

I want to build my own underwater pond filter for my 100 gallon stock tank. I am totally confused by the instructions I have found on the web so I'm hoping someone here can clarify things for me.

I bought a 5 gallon rubbermaid container, lava rock and filter foam padding. Can someone help me on how I go about making the filter. I want this filter inside the stock tank but most of the instructions I've seen are for filters that sit outside of the tank.

Old 04-23-08, 01:01 PM
G
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pugwinkle View Post
I want to build my own underwater pond filter for my 100 gallon stock tank. I am totally confused by the instructions I have found on the web so I'm hoping someone here can clarify things for me.

I bought a 5 gallon rubbermaid container, lava rock and filter foam padding. Can someone help me on how I go about making the filter. I want this filter inside the stock tank but most of the instructions I've seen are for filters that sit outside of the tank.
I would use a filter located OUTSIDE of the tank. Although 100 gallon sounds good on paper, you would be suprised at the volume of space a 5 gal bucket, and supplies will take up in your "tank". Plus, you will need a pump to move the water through the tank, and its related volume.

For reference, imagine a 100 gallon aquarium with a big old 5 gal bucket sitting in the middle of it. It would takeup a bunch of valuable swimming space.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: