Lowes Brand Pond Pump

Old 07-01-08, 12:19 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Lowes Brand Pond Pump

Hi,

I got what looks to be a Lowe's Brand pond pump. It's called Garden Treasures, Model #PP2000. It pumps 2500 GPH. I'm not familiar with this brand and I can't find any reviews. I haven't installed it yet. Has anyone heard of it? If so, I'd love feedback!

I don't believe it's a magnetic drive and I'm not sure I want to spend the money to go that route, but maybe it's worth it. Is it worth it? Thanks!

Old 07-01-08, 08:05 PM
Daffodil,
I believe it may be a Sunterra pond pump - direct drive.
Their prices seem mid-range, but I have no experience with
their pumps.
I would say, if it seems to pump okay, use it.
do a google search for Sunterra, you'll find it along with customer service.

gl,
fred

Old 07-02-08, 12:19 PM
D
Thanks!

Hi Fred,

I don't think it's a Sunterra. It's called Garden Treasures. I googled both Sunterra and Garden Treasures. I found one person who said that their Garden Treasures Lowe's pump didn't work, but nothing else. I thought I'd see if anyone had experience with it. I'm inclined to try it, but I thought I'd see if I could get some feedback first.

Do you know if magnetic drive pumps are worth the extra money? I'm willing to spend it if it will ultimately save me money in electricity and if it will prevent me from fishing out this one to replace it. Thanks again for your quick response!

~Elizabeth

Old 07-02-08, 05:22 PM
Daffodil,

Direct drive pumps may be more economical, not sure.
I've got a Pondmaster 3600 GPH I'm using for filter and my waterfall. My new toy (P3 Kill A Watt EZ) says my pump costs me $12.83 per month to operate continuosly. It is a very strong magnetic drive pump with parts readily available. It's four years old: replaced impeller once and volute once.
Got it at Pondliner.com

Give your pump a try!!

fred

Old 07-21-08, 11:01 AM
M
lowes pumps

Hey Daffodil-

Found this forum while investigating Garden Treasures pumps. Bought the 3600 model in March. It stopped yesterday. the cover over the impeller broke loose and stripped the impeller. They are replacing it but in the mean time I had to buy another! Hopefully this isn't a pattern. I have 3 of their pumps. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: