Adding Liner - help

Old 10-14-08, 06:39 PM
Question Adding Liner - help

new house came with old cement pond w/ 6 living Koi. trying to keep it going, but the pump is located in a semi-buried plastic garbage can (if you can believe that!). problem is that plastic garbage can is leaking and i am looking to line it with EPDM liner.

what is the best adhesive to use to glue down the liner to the existing plastic?

PS - this is first step in overhauling the pond, so i will probably post additional questions once i try and install a new pump and filter (no filter currently exists!!).

any advise is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-08, 06:33 PM
You won't need to 'glue' the liner in the can. Just get the epdm large enough and lay it down in the can.
The water will hold the liner tight to the can. You could put a plastic or rubber band around the inside top (screwed in) to hold the liner up.

fred

Old 10-17-08, 05:49 PM
fewalt- thanks for the reply. that is what i thought, but was a bit nervous that i may need to glue it down some how!

one piece i may have left out is that i have a 3" pvc pipe coming into the garbage can (from the bottom drain) and will have to cut out a whole out of the liner for it. won't i have to glue down the liner around the PVC?

Old 10-17-08, 06:00 PM
You should be able to use some type of sink drain.
Check the plumbing supply areas of your local big box stores, I'm sure you'll find something. Use the supplied screws along with 100% silicone sealer after cutting the correct size hole in the liner and can.

fred