Water and firepit feature in one?

Old 10-24-11, 01:42 PM
Group Moderator
I don't know if you need to go for the really expensive made for fish ponds sealant, especially if it might be a long time before you add fish. If you have the water out of the pond you can use a normal, high quality silicone and let it cure for a couple days before refilling. I have also had good luck with polyurethane sealants. Whatever you choose make sure you clean the area well. Maybe even with a wire brush to remove an loose surface material from the block or mortar.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-11, 10:13 PM
Smile thanks

Thanks a lot!
I guess I tend to overdo things
Started clearing joints around the pipes and glad I have not used the expensive stuff yet.
I have "Silicone II W/D supreme 2x stretch (withstands extreme joint movement) 1 hour rain ready"
Can/should I go with my ThoroSeal over the. Could be overdoing it again, but I imagine the joins will look odd under water unless I cover them with something.

Hope it's the right stuff.

Old 10-25-11, 05:21 AM
Group Moderator
I think ThoroSeal is more a rigid masonry product. It would probably crack and flake off if applied over something as flexible as silicone. You should be able to find a good silicone in white (commonly used in bathrooms) so you don't have to cover it.

Old 10-25-11, 07:01 PM
Makes sense again
Got to love the simple answers, just keep wondering how come I am not coming up with them myself
Thank you!

Old 10-26-11, 05:15 AM
Group Moderator
The ThoroSeal is your waterproof layer so insure that you get good adhesion between it and your pipe.