Help Need pump for Waterfall

Old 07-04-11, 04:15 PM
Question Help Need pump for Waterfall

I have a pond 67"x62"x16" I need a pump to feed 1 1/2" PVC Pipe with 3T's , 2 elbows in the pipe and a lift of 3' for the waterfall. What I'd like to do is make sure that the water flows at the same rate through three pvc ends. How much gph do I need? John

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-11, 06:24 PM
Group Moderator
Getting the same flow out of the three PVC ends depends more on how you lay out the plumbing and less on the output of the pump. If you have the three T's plumbed in line the last one will receive less water than the first. Try to arrange the plumbing so each T has the same fittings (90 degree's especially) and about the same length of piping to give each the same back pressure/resistance.

Old 07-10-11, 06:39 PM
Question Here is a picture and the measurements of the piping

The measurements of the piping are :

0" Elbow
51 1/2 L
15" 1st 'T'
23" 2nd 'T'
36" 3rd 'T'
52" 2nd 'Elbow'
3' lift

Here is a picture of it :

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thank you

Old 07-11-11, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
Pilot says it all.
You need to have back pressure at the pipe ends so that the pressure in the manifold is equal at each outlet.
Normally you decide how many gpm you want at each outlet and select a pipe size and pump that will give you the right pressure and volume.

I am just working on a small portable fountain and the 2.5 gpm pump sitting on my desk can be made to evenly flow through your tubes but would certainly not create a dramatic enough effect for what you are doing.

Can you describe your feature and what pump you have or are you starting from scratch?

Old 07-11-11, 11:54 AM
Group Moderator
It would also help if you explained your plumbing setup. Where does the pump connect and which are the discharge ends? Your first post says you want the water to come out from three points but I see five "ends" in your picture. Do you now have water coming out of four locations?

Old 07-18-11, 08:53 AM
I have four end facing forward those are where the water comes out, the end that is attached to the back is where the water come in from a 3/4 " hose. This part of the feature has its own pump. The rest of the water feature has a shower head, frog with water spitting out of its mouth and a 2 1/2 pool. The water from the PVC cascades down into a 3' pool. This will be attached to a straight pipe 3' high from its own pump. The rest is 4 pumps attached together to push water for the rest. John

Old 07-20-11, 08:37 PM
Two or three pvc ball valves will equal out the flow if adjusted properly.
for my 3600 gph pump, I use two ball valves, 1 for skippy filter, 1 for waterfall.

fred