Containing a natural spring

Old 05-02-14, 03:35 PM
Containing a natural spring

We have a natural spring in our yard and I would like to make it a pond..maybe 30ft by 20 ft..I have dug a lot out already..but how do I keep the sides of the pond from saturating the ground around it? Can I use pond liner just on the sides ..I dont want to put liner on the bottom and cut off any of the natural springs spots..at least 4-5 bubbling spots within a 10x10 portion of this pond? any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-14, 04:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Welcome to the forums! Your profile is incomplete so we can't determine where you are located. If in the US, there may be EPD or local regulations regarding the building of ponds. Along with those regulations will be methodology of building them to those regulations.

Old 05-03-14, 06:26 AM
Group Moderator
It's a spring... in the ground... There is no way to not saturate the ground with water. Basically you will have a pond. If you have the budget and desire you can excavate and construct a proper retaining wall around the perimeter for the pond you want but you have to keep in mind that it will be in/under water so the footing will require special construction.