pump for fountain / waterfall missing part


Old 09-27-14, 07:49 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1
pump for fountain / waterfall missing part

Hi there! I am trying to get my little fountain running properly and I came across this curiosity. It appears that there is some sort of adjustment piece that is supposed to go in the empty hole. I'd like to get a new one but I have no clue what such a thing might be called. Does this look familiar to anyone? Thank you!Name:  IMG_1541.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  31.7 KB
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-14, 08:46 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 47,695
Welcome to the forums.

I'm guessing the water shoots out of there.

That could be either an air release valve to allow the pump to prime or it was some type of flow control valve that fell out. It looks like the plastic is cracked there. You may find that it's not a replaceable part. You may be able to cover over that fitting and use it the way it is.
Old 09-28-14, 05:36 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 18,587
Unless you can find a manufacturer's name and hopefully model number I think you're out of luck finding the part. Like PJmax I think you have a few options. You can cover the hole. If the pump outputs too much water you can put a valve in the piping somewhere to throttle it down.
Old 09-28-14, 12:56 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 6,474

If the hole is threaded, install a plug.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes