Washing machine water plant pond ?

Old 06-09-15, 02:08 PM
Washing machine water plant pond ?

Own a vintage Maytag washing Machine that has been setting in the elements for past 25 plus years, estimate approx. 5 gal tub. Debating whether to allow it to continue to collect dust and deteriorate perhaps install a submergible water pump, route the hose where water would cascade over the wringer, but then what??? Seems only use would be to add water plants, but then would it be seasonable?? Anyhow, brain storming with little to work with, interested in putting the washing machine to use and perhaps add a little character to the yard?? Comments/Suggestions appreciated particularly regarding size and type pump.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-15, 02:22 PM
Yes, I think so, better to try and aesthetically add to the garden than let the washing machine continue to collect dust. I do not intend putting too much time and effort into cleaning and painting; however, finding studying the various types of water plants and what is required to maintain them may be a major task? Anyhow decided to purchase a 12 V submergible water pump, and since the water plants are cheap I may as well select and assortment and see what happens?? Appreciate the input!! Thank you

Old 06-11-15, 09:37 PM
Group Moderator
You're wanting to grow water plants in your old washing machine.

I don't know what type of plants to use but you'd be better off buying a very small 120v pump.

Little Giant Statuary Fountain Pump - Amazon

Old 06-12-15, 04:37 AM
Came cross a web site with a great deal of information on the topic including a description on the types of Pond, Pot, and Container water plants and what equipment and material is required to maintain them. Sent them an email hopefully I will receive a response tomorrow; if not then I will go with my original plan and purchase the 120v pump and an assortment of plants and see what happens??

Appreciate the pump suggestion, I actually put a similar120v submersible pump in my Amazon Cart but thought I would wait to see if the company responds. Considered the 12v pump because there's an existing circuit where I would like to place the washing machine; however, imagine I could place it near a 120v outlet. Thank you to all for comments and suggestions, greatly appreciated.