Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Ponds, Fountains and Water Gardens
Reload this Page >

How can I bypass the solar fountain battery backup box

Old 07-23-16, 11:47 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have had nothing put trouble trying to work my solar fountain that has a battery backup box. It just doesn't charge and I already replaced the battery. What I want to do is cut the wires that plug into the backup and the wires that go to the solar panel and hook them together for a direct current from the solar panel. Can I do this? You probably need more info about my components. Let me know what you need to know. If you search for this on Amazon you will see my unit.
Sunnydaze Solar Pump and Solar Panel Kit With Battery Pack & LED Light - 47 Inch Lift.
Thanks so much. I really need some help.

Old 07-23-16, 12:21 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,613 Votes on 1,485 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

According to the description.... the pump can be run directly from the solar cell without the battery.

Old 07-23-16, 12:26 PM
W
There is a female end on the wire coming from the panel and a female end coming from the pump. Male ends on the box. It just doesn't work. I'd like to eliminate going through the box. Is this doable?

Old 07-24-16, 10:47 AM
W
Is anyone able to understand my problem and help me? Thanks so much.

Old 07-24-16, 11:30 AM
Group Moderator
If you have plugs that don't connect.... cut them off and hard wire the connections.

Old 07-24-16, 05:22 PM
W
That's exactly what I was talking about. Thank you. Does it matter which wires are connected? I want to make sure.
Also, I have many other pumps and solar panels that aren't working. Do you know how I can match the panels to the correct pump size. Is there any way to check this?

Old 07-24-16, 09:04 PM
Group Moderator
There isn't exactly much technical info posted on that stuff. You can use a voltmeter to check the photo cell panel in the sun but there isn't much of a way of checking the motor other than trying it.

The panels and the motors are DC which means there is a polarity concern. If the colors match... connect like colors. If they don't.... try one way and then the other. The pump should only pump water with the proper polarity.

Old 07-25-16, 03:49 PM
W
Thumbs up

Thank you very much. I'll start working on them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: