Birdbaths

Old 06-10-21, 02:25 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Birdbaths

I bought some pedestals and bowls at Goodwill to make birdbaths. I thought the caulk adhesives would work best but there are so many different ones. I experimented with one 'Kwik Seal kitchen and bath adhesive caulk'. I let it set for 2 days in the house. It is over 100 degrees today, I put it on the patio for a few hours and was able to twist and pull the bowl off of the pedestal. Is there a more suitable adhesive for this project?

Old 06-10-21, 02:38 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 963 Votes on 884 Posts
What materials are you trying to glue together?

Something like a construction adhesive (Liquid Nails) might be a good choice for wood, stone or concrete. Make sure to check the label as there are different formulations of construction adhesive. If one or more surface is non porous like stainless steel, glass or a plastic a urethane acrylic adhesive (Duo-Sil) might be a better option. Whichever you choose make sure to allow proper time for it to dry/cure. With many materials there is no "breathing" so drying can take quite a long time and two days might not be enough. If you want something faster I'd consider a two part epoxy.

ljwdiy voted this post useful.
Old 06-10-21, 04:20 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
glass bowl, ceramic bowl and a wood bowl. the pedestals are wrought iron and stone

Old 06-10-21, 04:24 PM
Received 535 Votes on 495 Posts
Try PL polyurethane adhesive, some of those caulks or construction adhesives are not compatible with heavy moisture/water when they are outside!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: