old pool

Old 08-06-02, 09:45 PM
smm1225
Visiting Guest
old pool

Is it possible to remove and fill in an area where there is now a pool? We are looking at buying a house that has a pool and it is in pretty bad condition. We don't really want the pool, but really like the house. What do you think?

Old 08-08-02, 08:40 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, fairly straight forward work. Bust up and haul off what you want and bury the rest.

Old 08-08-02, 08:54 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Yep, just take up the decking/concrete and fill the pool with dirt. Note that dirt, for what it is, is not cheap! Expect to pay $1000+ for enough dirt to fill an average in ground pool.

Old 08-11-02, 12:40 PM
smm1225
Visiting Guest
You mean, that I can literally remove the kool deck and fill the concrete pool with dirt? I understand that dirt is not cheap, but gosh darn this sounds way too simple Not in the way of the work involved, but in the way dealing with it. Thanks

Old 08-11-02, 01:19 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Yep, it's that simple.
Had a neighbor down the street fill in his pool years ago. Seems like a waste to me though, considering how expensive in ground pools are.

You may want to punch a few holes in the bottom of the pool floor so that it won't hold water (if it even does so now).

You could even leave the deck and make the new dirt a garden with a walkway around it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: