hot tub not hot enough

Old 01-23-03, 05:25 AM
josh1
Visiting Guest
hot tub not hot enough

I have an outdoor type 300 gallon hot tub. Using it in the winter is a little cold, and I am wondering if there is a way to turn it higher. Currently it will not go above 104 on the setting, however it does goto 105 in actual practice. The hi limit temp setting is 115. Anyway I can adjust it to go up to 110 or so? still leaves 5 degrees to avoid false tripping the hi limit. I believe the heater is a 2.5KW one so I think it can maintain higher temperatures, the setting panel just wont let me... yet. Thanks for help-Josh

Old 01-24-03, 03:43 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Hot tub temperature

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends never allowing the temperature of the water in your hot tub to exceed 104ºF, thus you will find that most tubs tend not to heat above this temperature. A number of deaths have resulted from temps over 110. High temps can cause drowsiness, unconsciousness, and drowning. Hot water raises body temperature and blood pressure that may cause heat stroke and death.

Old 01-24-03, 05:20 PM
josh1
Visiting Guest
so basically its not a good idea. My 6000 rpm lawnmower was not a good idea either, now that was a fun one. thanks-Josh

Last edited by twelvepole; 01-24-03 at 08:08 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: