new pool

Old 05-12-03, 10:42 AM
Caponata
Visiting Guest
new pool

Hi I just got a round above ground pool put into my garden and need to know how to service it.
The company I bought it from offers cleaning every week but charges a lot so I need to learn about PH and all that!
Has any one any idea of a site where I could get the ABC of all cleaning concerning pools and the safety factors.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-03, 04:13 PM
pools

Any pool company or home depot and lowes have the little test kits that you need to take care of the pool. . They work real well . tell the kids there is no P in your ooL so dont put any in or you PH will go sky high. It takes about $9.00 per month for Clh. & Acid.
For the pool I have now it was about the same for the bigger one I had. You can look into a kreepy Krauly this is great for keeping the pool clean they have them for in ground and for above ground pools about $350.00. They could have a www. but never been there. ED

Old 05-12-03, 06:17 PM
http://www.poolsolutions.com
http://www.poolforum.com

Old 05-13-03, 09:26 AM
You can try them also

www.pooltime.com
www.wholesalepoolsupplies.com they have a kreepy krauly for about $300.00 ED

Old 05-14-03, 01:17 AM
Caponata
Visiting Guest
Hi and thanks Ed and Rebecca for your suggestions, I'll get started on that right away.

Old 05-14-03, 05:27 AM
Group Moderator
These guys have great on-line guide:

http://www.pinchapenny.com/homepcg1.cfm

Word of caution dealing with wholesalepoolsupplies.com:

3 years ago I converted my pool from cartridge to DE filter system. Ordered my Hayward DE system from them. The filter housing arrived, the control valve did not. It took me OVER TWO MONTHS to get them to replace the valve that was lost in shipment. They kept trying to tell me "I" had to initiate the claim with FedEX! Well, DUH, how could I do that? I didn't have an invoice #, part #, serial #, value, shipping docs, etc, that the shipper (they) had! Even spoke to one guy who was a supervisor type person who said he would take care of it; when I called back a couple of weeks later because still no valve he claimed no knowledge (I had his name!). Needless to say I wouldn't do business with them again. They also go under the names swimmingpoolsetc.com and spas2u.com. I wouldn't do business with any of them.

My $.02 worth.