water behind liner????

Old 05-23-03, 06:26 PM
TedN
Visiting Guest
Question water behind liner????

We had to drain most of our pool to get something that had been trapped below the liner.....

the liner was installed new last May... upon rolling it back we noticed that there was water under the liner, is this normal or cause for any concern?....

we are in Southern Ontario and most of the ground in this area is clay, the walls on the pool are metal with a cement base...

I know that when we fill the pool back up it will displace most of the water, but I don't know if it should be left at that

thanks..

p.s. the water is in the deep end which is about 9 feet below grade if that means anything?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-03, 10:45 PM
MsChip
Visiting Guest
If your area has a high water table then it may very affect the stability of the pool over time if the water under the liner remains, therefore causing the sidewalls to shift. Possibly adding some type of under drain system or some thing like a (I think it's called) hydrostatic relief value type of system may help.

There are some notations about pools and high water tables at this web site that you might be interested in reading for possibly evaluating your situation...

http://www.waltersforensic.com/civil/vol3-no2.htm