finding leak in pool

Old 07-09-03, 01:11 PM
Lester
Visiting Guest
finding leak in pool

I have a 12x24 above ground pool with a 4 year old doughboy liner. The pool developed a leak while we were on vacation in May, but I can't find the hole. There was approximately 4 inches of water in the pool, which about the same level as the floor and wall seam, whick I've checked a couple of times. I've partially refilled the pool twice, and the water leaks out overnight. I can't find any wet areas on the ground around the pool. Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to find the leak?

Old 07-09-03, 04:08 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pool leaks stink! We have had about 3 and needed a diver for each of them. They use a squirt bottle filled with water and red food coloring to find the leak. Then they use a small vinyl patch coated with a special underwater adhesive that stinks to high heavan to patch it up. Works surprisingly well considering the low tech approach. You should only have to get the adhesive and a vinyl patch that matches your pool and go for a swim. Otherwise you will have to call a pro. Around here it's $75 in the winter and $40 in the summer for a simple patch job. There are newer electronic sonar methods too, but they do the same thing for triple the money.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: