Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Ground Leveling for temporary above ground pool..?

Old 07-15-03, 07:08 AM

I recently purchased on of those 15' x 39" kiddie pools from walmart. I see that also of people have mentions leveling the ground area before putting out the pool. Has anyone came up with any creative ideas of doing this? I plan on putting it in the middle of my backyard. Now the ground isn't perfectly level, should I level it w/ dirt, sand, padding. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-03, 06:38 PM
LEVEL is sort of relative. It won't matter too much if it's only a couple inches different on one side.
Sand would be the choice to level it if that's what you want to do - easy too spread and work with.

fred

Old 07-30-03, 10:38 AM
I kept playground mulch there. Had it repleted each spring. Playground mulch has no sharp edges and can be raked level pretty easily.

Old 08-06-03, 09:07 PM
MAT WHITE
Visiting Guest
INTEX POOL

MY POOL HAS TO BE ON PERFECTLY LEVELED GROUND, IF NOT, THE WATER WILL SPILL OUT ......THE HOW TO LEVEL GROUND ........MAT WHITE ........HELPED ME A GREAT DEAL.......HOPE IT HELPS YOU.

Old 08-10-03, 01:34 PM
Sabrena
Visiting Guest
Not so sure about sand?????

Please read my experience with using sand to level your ground. I am waiting on help from someone to tell me what else to use besides the sand

Old 08-11-03, 12:32 AM
MAT WHITE
Visiting Guest
used foam

one person responded to forum said that carpet, foam even newspaper could be used under pool........my foam has worked well.........

Old 08-11-03, 05:50 AM
Sabrena
Visiting Guest
Mat

When you stand back and look at your pool...do the sides both look the same (as to how far they stick out from the pressure of the water). Our first one started off with the one side (the high side that we didn't have to build up at all) really stuck out further then the other side. The other side was almost completely straight and tight right before seam game way. Some pictures show the pool sides straight up and down while others show the sides really sticking out from the above inflatable ring right? I wonder, if we dug a little dish (angle towards the middle) for a couple inches deeper would that straighten the sides or cause too much pressure? Seems, as much as they stick out, it wouldn't be a problem right? Did you put a small dish in your ground before placing the pool or was your just completely level? What do you think it would do to the sides? Full of questions I know lol Sabrena