Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

replacing paper filter with sand filter....

Old 07-18-03, 06:27 PM
Samian
Visiting Guest

hey all,
i have an 18'x42" AG pool, it came with a tiny paper cartridge filter. to say the least, the filter sucks. anyways, i just purchased a 1.5 hp pump, sand filter and skimmer, problem is the pool is full. i can lower the water level in order to put the skimmer in but do i have to do the same to install the return line? instructions say to install the return jet 8 inches below the skimmer, is there a way to do the without lowering the water level that much?
thanks,
Sam

n/m folks, all done.

Last edited by Samian; 07-19-03 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-03, 11:15 AM
pool

For now you could run a pipe pvc around the pool and come off of this say 3 times at diff places with drop down pipes and a 90L on them. just point them so they make the pool water go around and get the dirt over by the skimmer. then you can pipe it this fall.
18'X42" pool 1.5 pump?????? had only 1hp on a dive pool I had 18'X32'X9' deep with solar up on the roof to pump water too. ED

Old 02-17-04, 08:51 PM
There is a power war on pool pumps. Can't say it's valuable, but it's going on. You are correct, most folks don't use the pool to the point of needing that level of circulation.

However, the bigger sand filters and more frequent water circulation helps to reduce the need for skimming, vacuuming and backflushing.