Help with Intex Pool 18'x48" (leveling)

Old 08-10-03, 01:31 PM
Sabrena
Visiting Guest
Help with Intex Pool 18'x48" (leveling)

Last week we set up our FIRST Intex Pool. It was a nightmare. We used sand to level out the ground (we had a slope "bad slope") about 8" off on one side. We had the ground completely level (well off about an inch to half an inch). After swimming in pool for about 3 days we noticed the side with very little sand (only about 3 inches) was protruding out BAD. We watched as the pool leaned more and more until we could see the white colored bottom of the pool on the side being pushed out. We then got a hole in the seam which in about one and a half days completely tore the seam out. We were told the sand slid on us causing pressure on the side from the pool sliding from the bottom up. Has this happened to anyone else? They gave us the same exact pool and told us to try again. What can we do to level our land. Please help our son wants to swim in it for a week or so before school starts. My husband has started building a 20x20 box with land scape timbers right now. Three rolls in back and 2 in front with first one almost completely in ground.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-03, 09:08 PM
MAT WHITE
Visiting Guest
i am now enjoying my nightmare

i have an intex 18x48 pool, i worked one month trying to level ground, one area was off one inch, it rained for days and the area that was one inch off,tilted and i know 1000 gallons of water poured out, it looked as though a dam had busted......just below your post is a mat white post with good info on how to level ground, then in archives i have a post of using borax, baking soda and household colorox as chemicals for pool....i am enjoying my pool now, but it was some hard work getting the ground level...good luck................

Old 08-10-03, 11:22 PM
Sabrena
Visiting Guest
Thanks Mat

My husband first says not fair YOU got a month to level and I am making him do it in just a couple of days lol. Thanks for all your help in your Post (ALL OF THEM). I will let you know how it goes. I can't wait to get in AGAIN.

Old 08-12-11, 10:59 AM
We have been trying for two weeks now to get our new pool level. Our land is on a slope (a pretty steep one). The first liner had a seam that was never sealed. Thankfully, it was on the low end and we noticed it right away. While waiting on the new liner, we built a retaining wall, pulled dirt from the high side into the low side of the retaining wall. Then we put 40 (50lb) bags of sand in the area. Thought we were good to go. Not. Started filling and we are still 2 inches off. We have now dug out the 'high side' with a shovel...(after raking all the sand into the middle area. I can't afford another $100 in stupid sand!) After watching the video...on leveling the sand, that will be our next step. I live in central Alabama...I would LIKE to get at least 8 weeks of enjoyment out of this pool before it has to be taken down and packed away for winter!!