Building a new hot tub cabinet

Old 09-15-03, 11:47 AM
sellenburg
Visiting Guest
Smile Building a new hot tub cabinet

I was given a hot tub (jacuzzi) this past spring, and when we went to move the unit to my house, the cabinet literally fell apart. It had been sitting outside for the last two years when it was orginally purchased. All the parts are in good shape and working. Does anyone have any info on building a cabinet? I have looked on line, but haven't found anything. I would rather do it myself then try and purchase a new cabinet. Any responses would be appriciated! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-03, 12:49 PM
Here is some information:

http://www.spasearch.org/cabinetry.htm

There is not a lot on line.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-15-03, 01:59 PM
sellenburg
Visiting Guest
Thank you, I will check it out!

Old 02-17-04, 08:45 PM
The most important thing to rescue from the old cabinet is the dimensions. The height is important as the tub is supported from the bottom and the rim. Don't alter that relationship.

Beyond that, it's just a box that holds a big bathtub.

Old 02-17-04, 09:24 PM
sellenburg
Visiting Guest
Unfortunetly the old cabinet crumbled when moved. On the bright side we were able to bulid a cabinet from scratch and it turned out great! We finally got everything up and going in late November. I have attached a picture when it was first completed, since then we have added a deck and finished staining the fence. We have plane to put a canopy over also. We spent about $210.00 total and this included new insulation also.
Thanks to all of you who emailed me and posted!