Hot Tub

Old 10-13-03, 12:38 PM
Frapster
Visiting Guest
Hot Tub

I am visiting my brother-in-law and told him I'd help him drain his hot tub. I've opened the access panel and have cut off the power at the 'box'. I have found the little hose that says 'pull and turn to drain' but when I do that nothing comes out. My brother-in-law (BIL) also said that I should attach a hose to it but I cannot find a place to attach the hose.

Any suggestions on where to look? Any online instructions for draining the thing?

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-03, 04:37 AM
Group Moderator
Not familiar with that style of hookup, but a simple syphon with a garden hose will work fairly well. Stick one end in at lowest point and take other end to wherever you want the water to drain, just make sure it's lower than the tub. Apply suction to start the syphon and let it flow. Easy way to get it going is to drop the hose end in the tub and attach the other to a faucet. Turn on faucet a few seconds to fill the hose completely. Then turn off faucet and unscrew the hose. As long as the faucet location is lower than the tub, the syphon action will start and you can drain away.