Pool Liner

Old 10-21-03, 11:37 AM
czarena12
Visiting Guest
Pool Liner

My inground pool liner has struck a leak at the main drain which is in the 8ft section of the pool. I am OK with it we have gotten 8 years of use out of this liner and needed to get a new one. We wanted to try and hold out to get a new one in Dec. or Jan when prices may be lower. However I am wondering, almost all of the water has drained out of the pool and I don't want any damage to happen to the sides and the floor of the pool before I can get a liner put in. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-21-03, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pool

Dont know what you have for back up walls there on the pool but did that with one pool and the sides started to come in on me. ED

Old 02-17-04, 08:35 PM
S
An empty liner will shrink. So you might want to consider cutting it out (to avoid rainwater collection) and use a series of 2x4 props to push outwards on the wall. A good start would be a prop at every joint of the top cap.

Old 02-18-04, 05:54 AM
czarena12
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I covered the pool so no water was able to come in. I hope this will prevent any damage because I have not secured the sides.

Old 02-18-04, 12:58 PM
Hope you propped up inside the pool like steve said .Its not the water that get in from the top its the water on the out side of an empty pool that can get the sides . ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: