pool colapse!

Old 02-23-04, 03:44 PM
eddiej
Visiting Guest
Unhappy pool colapse!

I hope someone can understand this (I don't) My dad's above ground pool colapsed last night. Here are the details I got out of him; 24 ft round above ground, 42 in. deep extruded aluminum walls. Beaded liner fits into the walkaround deck. It split due to the cold New England winter. We got lot's of years out of it but he needs to find a distributor to get a new wall and liner. We got a liner a few years back and it cost $1000 to put in a $300 liner so he's d-it-y this time but we are having problems finding someplace to get it without installation. Can anyone help?
It would be greatly appreciated. As cold as it is right now, I can't imagine going without it in a few months!
Signed,
eddiej's daughter jannij

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-04, 07:21 PM
When we had an above ground pool, one of the major cautions about installation was to make sure the thing was level. I memory serves, the maximum amount of "off level" for our 12' round pool was less than an inch.

If your's has been in for a long time, things may have shifted and it will need to be releveled before it's filled.

Old 02-23-04, 08:19 PM
Most often, the bolts used to join the ends of the wall are not rust proof, neither is the wall. Eventually the bolts and the wall probably rusted enough that it could no longer take the pressure of the water. This assumes it ruptured on the seam.

As for the liner, any pool place can get you a liner, but as for the wall, it's cheaper to buy a NEW pool the same size than it is to just buy the wall (or the wall and liner).