Cracks in hot tub shell

Old 04-29-04, 06:00 PM
phonnold
Visiting Guest
Cracks in hot tub shell

I got a hotub with this house I just bought. The house sat empty for ~8 months that I know of and don't know how many before that. I emptied the tub to clean it and get a problem with blisters taken care of. While the tub was empty 2 more new cracks appeared. One was about 7-8 inches and the other was 5-6 inches. I am wondering if this tub can be saved? If these new cracks are fixed with the old ones and then I fill it back up what are the chances of more cracks appearing with the new weight? At what point is a hottub not worth fixing and it needs scrapped? From my research this tub is ~9 years old. Some pictures of the tub can be seen here, before the new cracks.

www.honnold.net/hottub.htm
(not sure how to get the board to link so cut and paster if needed, sorry)

Thanks for the help.
Philip

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-04, 12:35 PM
Wink

with blisters taken care of. While the tub was empty 2 more new cracks appeared. One was about 7-8 inches and the other was 5-6 inches. I am wondering if this tub can be saved? If these new cracks are fixed with the old ones and then I fill it back up what are the chances of more cracks appearing with the new weight? At what point is a hottub not
Its a lot in how bad is it there Id say you have what boats get its called osmosis.You should grind then out and fill them in with Epoxy resin. At the same time see if you can lift the top coat of fiberglass there and if more of it will peel off I think new tub. The cracks look at them good, lots of time they are just in the Gel coat there is all and dont have anything to do like with keeping the water in.

ED