pool deck repair/redo

Old 05-09-04, 07:15 PM
Nixtribe
Visiting Guest
pool deck repair/redo

We bought a house with an inground pool, the deck around it is river rock, which I am not crazy about. It is so rough to walk on. There are some spots that need repairing. Is there a product that I could use to cover the river rock to make it smoother, and repair the bad spots? Thanks for your help.

Donna

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-04, 06:07 AM
Wink

Not sure what you have there . If its the small like what is called pea gravel. Home depot has the stuff for it .it is an Epoxy Resin and you have to put it on about every two years .

ED

Old 05-10-04, 11:02 AM
Nixtribe
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I didn't know what else to call it, my husband says river rock...I'll check with Home Depot then...

Donna

Old 05-10-04, 12:09 PM
Wink

I dont know why but down here its called Chattahoochee.
If its a dark color it can get hot to walk on in the summer. I had it on one pool.They dont use it around pools here anymore. it can come up if you want. Here we use whats called spray crete and stain it a light color so its not so hot and like you said a lot better to walk on.

ED

Old 05-11-04, 06:23 PM
Nixtribe
Visiting Guest
You are so right, it is terrible to walk on with barefeet. Whoever put it there was out of their mind. I am looking into changing it, I just thought any ideas and or opinions would be good to gather. Thanks for the ideas.

Donna

Old 05-24-04, 08:10 AM
gmkiwi
Visiting Guest
River Rock Pool Deck -UGH

I just bought a house with a really ugly color river rock pool deck. I have been quoted $2,300 to chisel it up.
Two questions; Does anyone know if it can be sprayed with some kind of stain to change the color?? OR,,,, can I apply any type of concrete finish over it and have that finish bond with this stuff?? Any advice would be appreciated,
Thanks,

Old 05-24-04, 10:09 AM
Wink

I think what you have is what they call chattahoochee did you read my other post?
If its a dark color it can get hot to walk on in the summer. I had it on one pool.They dont use it around pools here anymore. it can come up if you want. Here we use whats called spray crete and stain it a light color so its not so hot and like you said a lot better to walk on.
The river rock or pea gravle is put down in a mix of polyester or epoxy resin. Just what will work to go over it if you dont want to take it up I dont know for sure. You could go to home depot and Id try a small can of the roof coating they have its a roof coating Siliconizer elastomeric.
100% waterproof and can go on concrete and polyurethane
Its white in color.Id give it a try, cost a lot less.

ED