Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Pump Making Alot Of Noise During Operation

Old 05-11-04, 02:50 PM

Good Afternoon,

We have an above ground pool, (3rd summer now). I just brought out the filter, pump, hoses etc and hooked them all up. The water is returning at a good speed and everything seems ok. However, the pump itself seems to be making alot of noise during operation. Kinda, sortof sounds like an old fan with some blades touching the side and also a large airliner. This is very loud around the pool/patio area and also I go across the street and it is little loud for my neighbors. Will the sound go away? Is there something wrong? Something I can do? Can I build some sort of small box around the pump to take away the sound? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T. Burks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-04, 10:23 AM
Wink

Id go into the pump and check it out . Could be something in the pump. The bearings bad or the immpeller lose on the pump there. Id look at it now before its shot.

ED

Old 05-13-04, 01:36 PM
Bazooka227
Visiting Guest
Mine makes a lot of noise too. But mine is due to vibration, since the stand is cracked, it vibrates on the concrete. I solved mine by putting a rubber pad under the whole thing.