Spa leak?

Old 05-23-04, 11:42 PM
Derenda
Visiting Guest
Question Spa leak?

My spa is a Demention One model, 4/5 years old and is sitting on a covered inclosed redwood deck. It has been wet around most of the base now for months and I suspect a leek. How do I check where the leek may be. Is there a way to remove the side redwood panels to check the pipes? Any help would be appreciated, Thank You. :eek:

Last edited by Derenda; 05-23-04 at 11:44 PM. Reason: wrong age
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-05, 08:05 AM
Hi Derenda, hopefully your problem has been taken care of by now, if not I suggest removing the cover , fill a bowl or pan apx. 1/2 full of water set the pan on the spa ledge , mark the water level in the spa & pan turn off the spa and re check both in 24 hours. compare water loss due to evaporation, both should be basically the same, now run the spa for 24 hours and again check the water level in both, [ run on low speed as high will agitate the water and loss evaporation will be appearant] if you see a notable loss it very well may be a leak, note: do you have a sprinkler that may be hitting your spa area ? sometimes during heavy humidity spas may " sweat " could this be what your seeing ? locating a leak in that brand of spa may pose a special problem, as I believe it has full polyurethane insulating foam filling the cabinet area, thus hiding any visual inspection of the plumbing lines.

let us know what you find or have found,

lol steve