Focus Temp Electric Pool Heater

Old 06-03-04, 11:11 AM
epcot
Visiting Guest
Focus Temp Electric Pool Heater

I have a 28’ above ground pool in Michigan. I purchased a Focus Temp Volcano ( Volcan-o ) electric pool heater from Watson’s that was rated at 75,000 BTU. After having it installed a leak was discovered and it took two weeks to get a new one. Although Watsons recommended it the FocusTemp 75,000 was too small for use in May and September. We upgraded to the big 105,000 which stands about 4 ft tall and makes so much noise I can only run it during the day because my neighbors complain. After using the Focus Temp 105,000 for a month we closed it down for the winter. In the spring we tried to use it again but the compressor doesn’t kick in and it doesn’t make even warm water. To add a twist to it the dial can be turned to “off” and on cool nights where the temperature gets down to the 50s the heater turns itself on, although it still doesn’t really work. I complained to Watson’s and they have spent over two weeks trying to find a repairman to work on it and can’t find anyone. I check with Focus Temp of Canada and according to their Web Site Watson is one 1 of only 3 “Volcano” dealers in the US. In fact Focus Temp only has a combined total of about 12 dealers in the US that deal with the product lines of Insta , Instamatik or Insta-matik , Super Temp. This was an expensive mistake does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix a Focus Temp electric heater?

Old 06-03-04, 01:50 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Dont know what you have around you there. But any HVAC tech can fix or work on a heat pump. That is all the heater is . So call a AC guy and see. Me I like solar and have had it on the last 2 pools. Know your way up there but it would help and you dont pay for fuel. Also look at www.warmair.net and compare fuel cost for there

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: