Hayward h series 200 pool heater

Old 06-14-04, 09:02 AM
woolly_64
Visiting Guest
Question Hayward h series 200 pool heater

I have the above heater and the water is not comming up to temp. I have checked the bypass valve and cleaned it to insure proper movement. I have
cleaned the entire unit and the filter system is clean. I moved the pressure switch ajustment to the max 5psi and got a little warm water moved it the other way and got less warm water. My question is ho do I test the pressure switch. I think I have this narrowed down to the pressure swt. the thermostat or the hi limit switch. The thermo sensor is working, if I turn down the temp the burner goes off and up the burner comes on. I have no idea how to test the thermostat, pressure swt. or the hi limit sensor. I have a multi meter and mechanical ability. However I can't spell. Please help me find the right part to replace and the testing method used to determin the correct part. Also if I am not seeing the whole picture please help. I think the water is not getting to the heat exchanger.
Your help is greatly appreicated
Woolly_64

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-04, 05:47 PM
Wink

I dont know your unit there. But can it be the immersion unit there for temp control need to be cleaned. could be lime and calcium build up on it and dont let the control know what is what on the temp. Have to do this on the electric chlorination units a lot.

ED

Old 06-15-04, 07:28 AM
woolly_64
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Originally Posted by Ed Imeduc
I dont know your unit there. But can it be the immersion unit there for temp control need to be cleaned. could be lime and calcium build up on it and dont let the control know what is what on the temp. Have to do this on the electric chlorination units a lot.

ED
I do not have any emirson units on this unit. Thanks for the reply

Old 06-15-04, 09:17 AM
Wink

Id jump around eack control you have there one at a time.You dont say if its 110V or it works off a millivolt set up. Jump them out one at a time should tell you whats out on it.

ED

Old 06-15-04, 09:43 AM
woolly_64
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks again

Id jump around eack control you have there one at a time.You dont say if its 110V or it works off a millivolt set up. Jump them out one at a time should tell you whats out on it.

ED
I have Jumped around and all electronic parts are OK. It has to be the thermostat or the by pass valve spring is weak and too much water is flowing past the exchanger. I'm not sure the water is getting up to temp in order to open the thermostat. I have removed the thermostat and boied it and cooled it five times and it worked properly all the time. The only thing I did not check is the opening temp of the thermostat. I have a question, could by any chance an air pocked be trapped in the exchanger? this would create back pressure on the by-pass valve causing it to stay open, thus the water will never reach the coils and heat up. or just a minimum amount of water.
Thanks again for your time
Brendan

Old 06-15-04, 10:11 AM
Wink

If you jump around the tstat does the burner come on??

ED

Old 06-16-04, 05:57 AM
woolly_64
Visiting Guest
re

If you jump around the tstat does the burner come on??

ED
It is not a burner problem. The water is not comming up to temp. Plenty of flame and water flow, just not heated water

Old 06-16-04, 06:00 PM
Wink

Is there an air bleeder on the top of the unit that you have to bleed to get the air out and water in all the boiler there?

ED

Old 06-17-04, 10:00 AM
woolly_64
Visiting Guest
Is there an air bleeder on the top of the unit that you have to bleed to get the air out and water in all the boiler there?

ED
No I do not have a bleeder