Kreepy Krauly stuck in corner

Old 06-15-04, 03:19 PM
ArmyDad88
Visiting Guest
Kreepy Krauly stuck in corner

I just purchased a Kreepy Krauly and am having a problem with it getting stuck in the corners of my pool. I have a rectangular 16x32 pool that is 8.5 ft deep with square corners not rounded. Any advice?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-04, 04:10 PM
Wink

Can try Move the weights, Not so much hose or more hose. Dumb stuff like this works most of the time for me.

ED

Old 06-16-04, 05:04 AM
ArmyDad88
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ed I did remove 2 sections of hose. What about the diverters they send with it. I have 2 return lines on the shallow end, 1 on either side of the steps and 1 return on the deep end about 4 feet from the end next to my ladder.

Also when it is on the wall, it will go up, but not stay on the wall. The dive float pops up and the KK falls to the floor of the pool. Any suggestions?

Old 06-16-04, 06:45 AM
Wink

Dont get why he dont Stay on the wall. Read the book on him. That weight on the unit can be set up and down.try that .Also I fine that he does a better job when I run it slower that what they say.

ED

Old 06-16-04, 07:58 AM
ArmyDad88
Visiting Guest
How do you slow it down. I have it hooked into a separate vacuum port with the regulator in the skimmer.

Old 06-16-04, 08:09 AM
Wink

I have Jandy valves in all my lines so I can work them. Now you say one line ????? Is the skimmer and the bottom drain on the same line????? Take more water in the bottom dran and less water there at the skimmer. Can you put a pvc shut off in the skimmer line and close it some?

ED

Old 06-16-04, 02:33 PM
ArmyDad88
Visiting Guest
I have pvc shut off valves for each line; main drain, vac, and skimmer. would closing the skimmer line slow it down or the vac line?

Old 06-16-04, 04:01 PM
Wink

Ok if you have KK on the vac line Id close it just a little with the others open.

ED

Old 12-13-07, 12:44 PM
Smile kreepy krauly stuck in corner

I used to install kk's for kk. That's right you used to buy them and the dealer would call kk with your name and address and kk would send someone like me out to adjust it to your pool. There was a guy for every area, I was the guy for the florida space coast. Here's how to adjust a kreepy and this also goes for baracuda cleaners which work the same way ,more or less. Turn off your pump pull up the cleaner and walk to the furthest point away from your skimmer, you need enough hose to go 3 feet past this point, Remove or add hose sections as needed. Place the two hose weights at about 3 feet and 5 feet above the cleaner. Drop the unit back in and turn the pump back on. Now get a beverage of your choice and a chair. Sit down and watch the cleaner move about your pool.You will notice that the cleaner follows its hose.This is your major adjustment tool !! When the unit gets stuck you look and see how the hose is laid out. Many times it will have nothing to do with a corner it will get stuck because your pool returns(jets) are pushing the hose that is floating up against the side of the pool. No matter what causes it to hang up corner, jets etc. adjust your returns to fix the problem. If the unit hangs up on the steps point your return so that it pushes the hose out of the area or adjust the jet so that it pushes the unit itself off the step.With a little fine tuning you will be able to get it to run around the pool without hanging up. You will find you have to have most of your returns pointed slightly down in most cases. The regulator valve that you plug into the skimmer has a spring in it that is set so that if you have more suction than you need the valve opens slightly and you get some skimming action. The unit should make a ticking sound as the diverter in the head flaps back and forth but it souldn't go so fast that the unit doesn't have time to clean. Refer to the manual for actual speed.Baracuda's used to be so much like kreepys that kk sued them and they changed to the unit you all have now with the diaphram that pluses open and closed.But other than that the adjustment to cover the entire pool is the same. Once you have it set up right remember to tell the kids to leave the returns alone! Try to remember how you adjusted each one because they will usually get moved anyway by them or guests- hope this helps-ED