Please help solve this disagreement!

Old 06-19-04, 01:22 PM
laurainkentucky
Visiting Guest
Please help solve this disagreement!

My husband and I are opening our pool today. Our problem is that we have a "stain" above the water line on our above ground pool. It appears to be a greenish color and even the liner doesn't feel right when you rub your hand across it. He says it's where the sun has faded the liner (we didn't cover it last year) and I say it some type of mold.

Can anyone help or are we going to have to purchase a new liner?

Thanks in advance!
Laura

Old 06-20-04, 01:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

You dont say have you tested the pool and have it where it should be as far as chlorine pH and alkalinity? Boy Id start there before I got a new liner. Home depot and lowes have all you need . They also have a stain remover if that is what it is. Im thinking more like a bad case of algae and you need some algicide.

ED

Old 06-20-04, 01:59 PM
laurainkentucky
Visiting Guest
Smile Well thanks!

Thanks, I can't wait to print this off to show it to my hubby! What happened was we have had lots of severe weather this spring and I came home from work one day and he had drained the pool(we hadn't completely got it opened yet when the storms went through). About 3 days later is when this showed up. That is why I think it some form of algae. Since lowe's is our favorite place to shop, I'll go down there and try to find what your talking about. Do you happen to know what type of cleaner it is and in what part of the store I might find it?

Sure appreciate your help and Happy Father's Day!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: