Leaking Pool

Old 06-23-04, 08:15 PM
ddbanks
Visiting Guest
Question Leaking Pool

I am looking into repairing the pool owned and maintained by my homeowners association. This pool is L shaped with approx. size of 30x 70(3- 5 deep) with a 30x 30 foot (5-10 deep). The bottom is a concrete slab with a cement plaster overlay and the sides are concrete blocks with a cement plaster overlay. The pool is leaking 2 to 4 a day. There is no obvious structure damage to the bottom. The walls do have some areas that need structural repair.

Last year, a latex sealer coat was placed over the entire pool. This was a one season fix.

I have been look at SANI-TRED products (Permaflex, LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) , and TAV (Thickening ActiVator). They look like good products, but the distributor, Ideal Products, LLC., can't give me any references for pool installation.

Has anybody used these product for this application?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-04, 01:28 PM
Wink

The bottom is a concrete slab with a cement plaster overlay and the sides are concrete blocks with a cement plaster overlay. The pool is leaking 2 to 4 a day.
Out of the box here. I dont see the blocks holding it at all.
When you say plaster , you sure thats not marcite that was put there to seal the pool. You could have them sand blast it and come in with a new marcite. Go for the diamond Brite with a 10 year warranty and be done with it. They gun all the pools in here and marcite over that.Could you just gun a new pool inside what you now have?

ED

ED

Old 06-24-04, 08:31 PM
cheapfurcoat
Visiting Guest
My pool was leaking similarly. We found that the aluminum skimmer box had no bottom in it when we re-did the pool this year.
Just a thought...

Old 06-25-04, 06:40 AM
Wink

We found that the aluminum skimmer box had no bottom in it when we re-did the pool this year.
You dont put the chlorine Tabs in it do you? That will take it out.

ED

Old 06-25-04, 08:06 PM
cheapfurcoat
Visiting Guest
We bought the place last summer. Very possible the previous owner would do something like that. He was definately not the shiniest spoon in the drawer...