painting a water slide

Old 06-29-04, 09:56 AM
ken paterson
Visiting Guest
Question painting a water slide

Has anyone ever painted a pool water slide. My slide is fibre glass and I am worried that if I paint it, it won't be slippery any longer. Any suggestions. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-04, 01:05 PM
Thumbs down

If you mean its just dull. check with the boats shops. they all have a renew polish for the Gel coat on boats and that is what you have there. As for the slide check on your insurance. After I talked to them I cut mine out It also used a lot of pool water .

ED

Old 01-13-05, 05:41 PM
first things first, Ed is correct about slides and diving boards being liabilities, at least in this day and age, however if the slide is solid, and you still want to paint it , absolutely, there are many different paints for this , I have personally used clorinated rubber based paints, epoxy paints and also marine varnish, which is basically the top coat on the fiberglass with the color added .

hopefully you have a sprayer and are familar on applying the paint, its like painting an automobile the surface has to be clean, lightly sanded using 400 grit wet or dry would work if you don't have a spray rig brush or roller would also work after the final coat use 400 wet or dry sand paper and lightly go over the whole slide to knock off any rough spots or grit that the wind may blow on it while drying,

lol steve