help me choose a jacuzz..

Old 07-09-04, 08:17 AM
jeffw_00
Visiting Guest
Question help me choose a jacuzz..

Hi - we're redoing our bathroom in our older house and have limited space. I am limited to 60 x 32 for the tub, which will also serve as a shower. Although we will take many more showers than baths, I want a deep tub for soaking, and my wife wants a jetted bath (also for soaking). (anyway, all the deep tubs I found were jetted tubs with the jets removed, so why not...?)

I went on the web and checked through the Kohler, Am. Std, and Jacuzzi sites, and found a Kohler 60x32 "Proflex" that I -think- is the right tub. We especially liked that it has a large measurement at the bottom (46" x 20") as some 5' tubs seems to be too small at the bottom to sit in. It has 6 jets, 1.25HP motor, heater, and, it is only 18" high (as opposed to 20" high) so it would be easier to step in and out of, we think.

you can see it here: http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecata...&module=ProFlex

Our questions include:

1) Is Kohler a dependable, high-quality brand

2) are there other brands we should check out

3) how big an issue is stepping in/out of a 18 (or 20) inch tub every day when we shower?

4) how big a deal is having a large bottom measurement (we saw some as short as 38-40", and as narrow as 17" the kohler is about the biggest we saw).

5) are there other criteria we should be considering?

Thanks!
/j

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-04, 08:29 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: J

You're more likely to obtain information and advice in this forum topic than in the prior one where your question was originally asked. Reading the existing posts in this forum most likely will provide some help also.

Regards & Good Luck
Sharp Advice
Web Site Host & Forums Monitor

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Old 07-11-04, 08:36 AM
jeffw_00
Visiting Guest
that's odd - i didn't think a discussion of what would replace my bathtub should be in a section on OUTSIDE pools, spas, hot-tubs, etc...
/j