Trying to get it right!

Old 07-22-04, 07:39 AM
Dirinda
Visiting Guest
Trying to get it right!

It seems it's always one thing or another! HA

Started having some problems with some spots of algae on the walls of the pool....gunite.
Added some Algaecide and now when we swim we get some foamy bubbles
on the top of the water. Not real bad but we don't like it.
Then I found out that hubby had turned the jets in the deep end (10ft)
to keep the top circulating more than the bottom because he thought
with the Kreepy at the bottom we needed the top circulated more...well you get the picture.
Anyway, we are new to the pool this year and by trial and error I think
I'm learning some things...however right now it seems it's more error.
Any help to get rid of the algaecide foam? Will turning the jets downward help the problem or do I need to do more.
I'm sure I'm not giving enough info but will be happy to if I knew what you needed to know.
TIA

Old 07-22-04, 12:13 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink Dirinda stay in one post.

Not sure just how your pool is set up. Like do you have Jandy valves you can play with there? I set my skimmer so it will just take in some water,so as to get all the stuff off the top of the water. On the return jets I set them so that it just does move the water on the top of the pool around to the skimmer and the rest of the water from them down. That Kreepy have had one for a long time . I find out to run him slow he works better. So cut down on him some and more from the bottom drain. Keep you filter clean, you dont say what you have there. Also run the pump more, shock it with liquid chlorine. Do you have a 4 in 1 test kit use it also get some Pool time water clarifier Home depot has that. No more algaecides for now

ED

Old 07-22-04, 12:38 PM
Dirinda
Visiting Guest
Not sure exactly how old the pool is but I think about 10 years.
There are only 3 jets that I can see. One in the shallow end and two in the deep end. If there are some waaaaay down in the deep end I don't know it.

I didn't know there was a way to run the Kreepy slower. I'll have to get out the manual I printed off the internet and look. Thanks

We have a 1.5 HP pump and filter setup. Sand. We empty the filter
every other day. It never has much in it. Most of the leaves etc are
in the skimmer basket where we also hook up the Kreepy. It's always
got lots of leaves and those little frogs!

The pump runs from 7 am until 9 pm...should we run it longer?

Yes I have a test kit...I believe it tests for 5 things including CYA which is
always high. That's one reason I wanted to stop using the Chlorine tabs.
We have an automatic chlorinator. If I go to the liquid I'll just pour it in the pool right?
Thanks Ed for all your help.

Old 07-22-04, 02:21 PM
Wink

Well you have to think about it. I have in all my pool put another intake for kreepy so he can run and the skimmer works also. Like if you want or could run another pipe from the intake to the pool put kreepy on it and set the valve on it for how fast he works.
The pump runs from 7 am until 9 pm...should we run it longer?
Thats good for now is that with kreery and the bottom drain open? 1.5 pump Ill bet kreepy is running fast.

We have an automatic chlorinator. If I go to the liquid I'll just pour it in the pool right?
For sure I took mine out years ago.
Do you know about the salt water pools no chlorine you just use salt is all.It makes the chlorine

ED

Old 07-22-04, 03:41 PM
Dirinda
Visiting Guest
Good question Ed....I have NO idea if the bottom drain is open?
How could I tell that? But yes, the Kreepy pretty much runs all the time the pump is running.

I have been reading up on the salt pools and would love to do that.
Not sure what all would be involved nor how much money it would take to change over? Sure sounds like the way to go to me.
Anybody else have any input on salt water pools?

Old 07-22-04, 05:48 PM
Thumbs up

Did one on my daughters pool .Year and a half used 80 lb of salt. pool"s about 12000gal. The units are for sale here on a www. dont have it off hand. But look around they go for $749 at the one place same thing goes for $1400 at others. just put it in the return line to the pool is all and wire it in with the pump.
Dont you have valves that are marked. look or think how could you drain the pool if you want to?????????

ED

Old 07-22-04, 06:12 PM
Dirinda
Visiting Guest
Well Ed, when we were contemplating draining half of the pool because of
the high CYA we wondered that very thing. Then when we decided not to drain it, we just forgot about how we would do it. I just asked my husband
and he said he has no idea either. I will call the previous owners of the house and ask them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: